Thursday, December 1, 2011

Well, today is December 1, 2011…
                Yesterday I was thinking about what the best gifts of Christmas are, and so I thought that each day during the month of December I would think about and try to give in some small way…a Christmas gift of my heart…gifts meant to honor our Savior, Jesus Christ.
                A few years ago, I came across an idea that caught my attention, and so I will share this idea with each of you…
It is called, The Five Gifts of Christmas.”
During the month of December, give a gift from your heart, to five different people: a friend, a stranger, a person in need, the Savior, and an enemy. This last gift is a difficult one, because it requires us to think about someone who may have hurt us, and it requires us to open up our hearts to forgive.  In Matthew 5:44 it says, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.” (from a 2003 BYU Women’s Conference talk entitled “Seeking to Forgive,” by Heidi S. Jones)

I know we honor our Savior and show our love for Him as we learn to walk the path he has walked.  We can do this as we rely on Him and His loving Atonement. His way is the only way to peace and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment